Friday, October 2, 2009

Worst Songs Week: Achy Breaky Heart ~ by Billy Ray Cyrus

We're going to jump all the way to #2 on Blender's "Run for Your Life! It's the 50 Worst Songs Ever!" countdown. It's "Achy Breaky Heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus. Personally, I think it should be #1 on the list. I honestly don't know how this song can get any worse, but we'll find out.



Achy Breaky Heart ~ by Billy Ray Cyrus

1) You can tell the world you never was my girl
2) You can burn my clothes when I'm gone
3) Or you can tell your friends just what a fool I've been
4) And laugh and joke about me on the phone

5) You can tell my arms go back to the farm
6) You can tell my feet to hit the floor
7) Or you can tell my lips to tell my fingertips
8) They won't be reaching out for you no more

9) But don't tell my heart my achy breaky heart
10) I just don't think he'd understand
11) And if you tell my heart my achy breaky heart
12) He might blow up and kill this man

13) You can tell your ma I moved to Arkansas
14) You can tell your dog to bite my leg
15) Or tell your brother Cliff whose fist can can tell my lip
16) He never really liked me anyway

17) Or tell your Aunt Louise tell anything you please
18) Myself already knows I'm not okay
19) Or you can tell my eyes to watch out for my mind
20) It might be walking out on me today

21) Don't tell my heart my achy breaky heart...
22) Don't tell my heart my achy breaky heart...
23) Don't tell my heart my achy breaky heart...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Center Thing Which Hurts is Broken with Cyrus
of the Club Light Ray


1) You can say the world where never it is not my girl
2) When I go, it can burn my clothing
3) Or exactly the idiot directly is me or, it can say your friend
4) The laughing and joke and concerning me of the telephone

5) It can say my arm which returns to the farm
6) That it hits against the floor, it can say my feet
7) Or that my fingertip is informed, it can say my lip
8) Those do not extend the expert from here because of you

9) But the center of the damage where I hurt on my center it does not have to be
10) I do not think that he understands by any means
11) If and you say the center of the damage where I hurt on my center
12) Perhaps he blasts this person, kills

13) It can say your mother whom I moved to Arkansas
14) That my foot is bitten, it can say your dog
15) Or my lip which the fist says be the cliff of your sibling who can become the canned goods
16) He did not like me under any condition really in any case

17) Or say with anything which says your aunt Ruizu
18) By my has known that I am not already good
19) Or that my heart is watched, it can say my eye
20) Perhaps today it keeps coming out with me

21) Saying, the center of the damage where I hurt on my center which is not good…
22) Saying, the center of the damage where I hurt on my center which is not good…
23) Saying, the center of the damage where I hurt on my center which is not good…



Actually, I think the song sounds much better now. "
But the center of the damage where I hurt on my center it does not have to be" sounds much more poetic than "Don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart."

1 comment:

  1. Music may be considered a universal language, but I think we need a spoken one as well.

    Have you noticed the growing use of Esperanto at an international level :)

    Eurovision entrant Patricia Kaas translated her entry into this international language for the Eurovision Song Contest for example. See http://dotsub.com/view/482751e0-bb56-4022-9423-c60b646b73f6 to see the Esperanto version.

    Michael Jackson used Esperanto in his teaser film for HIStory. The Esperanto dialogue at the start translates as- "[We] build this structure in the name of global motherhood and love and the healing power of music"

    See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jfvA_Ug_qk

    Follow Esperanto on Twitter http://twitter.com/Esperanto_UK or see http://www.lernu.net

    ReplyDelete