Friday, July 31, 2009

80's Week Vol. 1: Take On Me ~ by A-Ha

We are wrapping up the 80's music week, but don't cry, there will be another. This is only Vol. 1, so you can expect Vol. 2 and Vol. 3 and so on in the future. I won't be here next week. I'll be going deep into the wilderness of Kentucky for a mission trip. You can read more about it here. So I'll see you in about a week. Here's the last song for the week and there will be a couple of special treats at the end of this one.




Take On Me ~ by A-ha

1) Talking away
2) I don't know what I'm to say
3) I'll say it anyway
4) Today is another day to find you
5) Shying away
6) I'll be coming for your love, OK?

7) Take on me (take on me)
8) Take me on (take on me)
9) I'll be gone in a day or two

10) So needless to say
11) I'm odds and ends
12) But I'll be stumbling away
13) Slowly learning that life is OK.

14) Say after me:
15) "It's no better to be safe than sorry."

16) Take on me (take on me)
17) Take me on (take on me)
18) I'll be gone in a day or two

19) Oh, the things that you say
20) Is it life or just to play my worries away?
21) You're all the things I've got to remember
22) You're shying away
23) I'll be coming for you anyway

24) Take on me (take on me)
25) Take me on (take on me)
26) I'll be gone in a day...
27) (Take on me, take on me)
28) (Take me on, take on me)
29) I'll be gone in a day...
30) Take on me (take on me)
31) Take on me (take me on)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Take With Ha Me

1) Speak
2) Those where I should and am me are not known, you say
3) The I am that in any case
4) Today is another day which is found
5) Evasion
6) Do I come for your love and OK?

7) My acquisition (my acquisition)
8) Take me (my acquisition)
9) I go to one Japan and China

10) Saying so unnecessary
11) I am odd ones
12) But I stumbled, it is left
13) The fact that life is good slowly is learned

14) Say after me:
15) "That to be better than regrettable is not to be safe"

16) My acquisition (my acquisition)
17) Take me (my acquisition)
18) I go to one Japan and China

19) Well, you saying
20) Is that life or exactly in order to do my worry?
21) They are all things which I remember and become
22) You have avoided
23) I come because of you in any case

24) My acquisition (my acquisition)
25) Take me (my acquisition)
26) I go within 1 days…
27) My acquisition (my acquisition)
28) Take me (my acquisition)
29) I go within 1 days…
30) My acquisition (my acquisition)
31) Take me (my acquisition)

Okay, that was strange how "I'll be gone in a day or two" somehow translated to "I go to one Japan and China". I checked it twice and that's how it came out both times. I have been translating lyrics from English to Japanese and then back to English for all the song lyrics I have been posting. But I want to take the line "I'll be gone in a day or two" and try it with other languages. Here we go:

English to Chinese back to English: "I zai 1-2 tian nei will go" (Huh?)
English to Dutch back to English: "I in a day or two has gone"
English to French back to English: "I will have entered one day or two"
English to German back to English: "I am gone on one day or at two"
English to Greek back to English: "With they will go to one day or two"
English to Italian back to English: "I will have gone in a day or two"
English to Korean back to English: "I one day will go the inside two days"
English to Portugeuse back to English: "I will be I DO in one day or two"
English to Russian back to English: "I will be gone during the day or 2"
English to Spanish back to English: "They will enter me a day or two"

I guess that proves that Japanese is the best language to go with on this blog because it comes out so weird and funny. Here's the special treats I was telling you about




"Take On Me" the original video



"Take On Me" the literal version
(Mild Language Warning)



"Take On Me" the Family Guy version

No comments:

Post a Comment