Monday, July 20, 2009

*Introduction*

Universal Language of Mankind is a blog that takes the lyrics from popular songs and translates them to Japanese and then back to English. The result is a mistranslation of the original lyrics. Three things inspired me to do this, the popular website called Engrish.com, a blog called Garfield: Lost in Translation, and a website of misheard lyrics called kissthisguy.com.

I will be posting popular songs, not necessarily ones that I like, but ones that everyone generally knows. I will take requests. You can e-mail blogityblog@gmail.com or you can just share your requests in the comments section of this intro post. I will check this post regularly for your requests. I will do my best to find the lyrics for the songs requested. Let’s keep it clean. If there is any profanity in any of the songs it will be replaced with a *bleep*.

This blog is not meant to make fun of the musicians and bands featured here. It is also not meant to make fun of the Japanese language, it just that when you translate English to Japanese and then back to English it comes out funnier than translating it back and forth from other languages.

Be sure to check out my main blog, called Blogity-blah-blah-blog. Universal Language of Mankind is just a fun little side project and I will try to update it as much as possible. Thanks, and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Daniel, I know this is one of those things where people will think it's really funny or they'll think it's really stupid. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete